We hiked the Arctic Circle Trail in Greenland in August and September 2019. What can I say? It was the trip of a lifetime for me. I wrote a report on Greenland when I was in 5th grade and have wanted to go there ever since. It did not disappoint. I explain why I loved it so much on the last day of our hike (link here). Feel free experience the hike with us by checking out this video by Ray and or reading my daily blogs from our amazing trip.
We also did a fabulous day hike out of Kangerlussuaq, Greenland’s main air transport hub. We went in search of garnets and found so much more….Here is a video of that day hike.
Daily Blogs of Arctic Circle Trail
- From Ice Sheet to Ocean: Getting Ready for the Arctic Circle Trail in Greenland
- Day 1: Gneiss Bands in an Ancient Land
- Day 2: Who Needs a Canoe when a Reindeer Will Do?
- Day 3: Just Tell Him It’s a Desert
- Day 4: Musk “Rocks”, Wet Socks and Dancing Lights
- Day 5: Scamper and Pamper Day
- Day 6: Gale Force Winds Bring Us In
- Day 7: Why I Will Miss this Place
Follow My Blog: Thru We Go
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.