I am clinging to a refrigerator-sized boulder in an almost vertical crack. My feet slide a little on the sand and small sized talus stacked at angle of repose. Ray is up higher in the crack trying to see if we can get up. My thoughts vacillate between
A Zero Day at Red’s Meadow Resort and a “Flip Flop” Decision
Getting off Mammoth Crest and down to Reds Meadow Resort in the shadow of the fire
On day 17 of our Sierra High Route hike we had to change our plan because of the Lion’s Fire…..
We see smoke in the distance where we are headed. Will we need to change or plan?